Social Security Disability (SSDI) Lawyer in Virginia Beach, VA
A Lawyer Can Help
Why Hire an Attorney
What is Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?
Who Can Receive Disability Payments?
Benefits are available to:
- A disabled worker who has earned enough credits to become "insured."
- A disabled widow or widower between 50 and 60 years of age and the deceased spouse earned enough credits to become "insured."
- A disabled child over the age of 18 who is not married and became disabled before age 22, and either of his/her parents is deceased or disabled, and earned enough credits to become "insured."
What is Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
How is Disability Determined?
- cannot do the work they did before;
- cannot adjust to other work after evaluation of their physical or mental limitations, past work experience, education, skills and age; and
- has a disability that has lasted or is expected to last for at least 12 months or to result in death.